Your healing and teaching center - natural apothecary, labyrinth and gardens. A place to learn about health & wellness, plant medicine, history and harvesting from nature.
- Greenwood's Diagnostics Workshop Saturday March 25th, 2017 1-4 pm *This class is open to herbalists for practicing tongue, facial and pulsing diagnostics on each other. Debbie will be leading and critiquing the class. Class cost is $35*
Vermicomposting with Melissa Bear Saturday April 8th, 2017 1-3pm *Healthy plants begin in healthy soil! Have you ever wanted to learn about vermicomposting? Join Melissa Bear as she hosts a class at Greenwood Herbals to discuss how to make and maintain an indoor worm bin. You will also receive a small amount of worms to start your own compost with. Hooray for nutrient rich soil! Class cost is $15.*
- Reiki I with Robyn Fottler on Saturday April 15th 9-5 pm
- Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday April 22nd- Sunday April 23rd 9-5 pm
- Seed Swap Social Saturday April 29th 1-3. Have extra seeds? Interested in trying something new? Bring your extra seeds pre-packaged in a ziplock or sealed envelope and labeled. Annuals, Perennials, Vegetables and herbs seeds welcome! Must bring seeds to participate, otherwise just pop by to socialize.
- Youth Class: Beginner/Introductory Plant Medicine Classes for 8-13 year olds is for students to meet plants, begin learning plant ID, make basic products, make a plant press, create plant art and explore their individual interests in local medicinal plants. This class meets at Greenwood Herbals on the first Saturday of the month May-September from 9:30-12:00. Instructor: Ginny Fries Instructor email: firstname.lastname@example.org Class Cost $150 Pre-registration required.
- Youth Class: Intermediate/Advanced Plant Medicine Classes for children 12-18 that already have some experience and/or interest in plant medicine and wish to delve a bit deeper. This class will work on building a materia medica, refining plant ID skills, making products for specific purposes, growing a medicine container garden, composting and learning about natural pest control. Additionally they will learn about endangered medicinal plants, harvesting, drying and storage as well as doing some earth care activities. Class meets at Greenwood Herbals on the first Saturday of the month May-September 2:00pm-5:00pm. There will also be 3 off-site classes (June 17th Sid Emery Demo Forest in Lyman, July 15th meeting at Waterboro Community Garden in East Waterboro and August 19th the group will meet at Friendship Park in Waterboro. All 3 classes will be from 2:00-5:00pm) Instructor: Ginny Fries Instructor email: email@example.com Class Cost: $200 and $25 materials fee Pre-registration required.
- Reiki II with Robyn Fottler Saturday May 13th
- Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday May 20th- Sunday May 21st 9-5 pm
- Advanced Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday May 27th- Sunday May 28th 9-5 pm
- Youth Classes All Classes meet Saturday June 3rd.
- Youth Class- Offsite class for Intermediate advanced group June 17th at Sid Emery Demo Forest.
- Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday June 17th- Sunday June 18th 9-5 pm
- Youth Classes All classes meet Saturday July 1st.
- Youth Class- Offsite class for Intermediate advanced group July 15th at Waterboro Community Garden.
- Thermography Clinic - Hosted by Dragonfly Integrative Health. Saturday July 8th - 9:30 to 5 pm. Call the office to register so we can slot your appointment.
- Wild Foods Workshop Sunday July 9th 1-4 pm Cost: $30 * Learn to make meals fresh from the wild! Come join us in the Wild Foods class hosted by Debbie Mercier and Julianne Powers. Learn to make a full coarse meal with food from the forest and garden. We will be learning how to identify and gather wild foods together outside, then learning how to cook and prepare them.*
- Herbal Apprenticeship Saturday July 15- Sunday July 16th 9-5 pm
- Advanced Herbal Apprenticeship Saturday July 22nd- Sunday July 28th 9-5 pm
- Youth Classes All classes meet Saturday August 5th.
- Youth Class- Offsite class for Intermediate advanced group on August 19th at Friendship Park.
- Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday August 12th- Sunday August 13th 9-5 pm
- Advanced Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday August 26- Sunday August 27th 9-5 pm
- Youth Classes Saturday September 2nd
- Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday September 9th- Sunday September 10th 9-5 pm
- Advanced Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday September 16th-Sunday September 17th 9-5 pm
- Herbalist Apprenticeship Saturday October 14th- Sunday October 15th 9-5 pm
- Advanced Herbal Apprenticeship Saturday October 21st- Sunday October 22nd 9- 5 pm
Waiver of Liability
Clients are reminded that it is their personal right and responsibility to make educated choices in their own and their family's health care. Greenwood Herbals does not make these choices for the client but provides educational resources in the historic and traditional uses of herbs.
- Only a physician (MD) can diagnose, treat and prescribe medicines for illness. The role of the herbalist in any healing process is not to consider a client's individual systems but to consider a client as a whole person and to consult the client concerning lifestyle, diet, and herbal recommendations